I’ll get straight to the point because I’m too excited… Wanders Miles been nominated for the Blogger Recognition Award! What does this all mean? Read to find out more…
Thank you for the Blogger Recognition Award
I was going through the comments on my travel blog last week and stumbled upon one from April Rodrigues, the creator of T and A in the US of A travel blog and author of The Female Vagabond’s Guide for Staying Fit on the Road. I was super happy to read April was nominating me for the Blogger Recognition Award, thank you so much!
Whilst I’m not new to travelling, I’m very new to the blogging game although working as a digital marketer and social media specialist has certainly given me a head start both from an online and PR perspective. However, the support I receive by networking in travel blogger groups has been worth its’ weight in gold, these communities really do help, advise and offer to collaborate.
What is the Blogger Recognition Award?
The award is given to bloggers by bloggers to give them some appreciation for those talented blog-stars who invest lots of time and effort to creating a marvellous online brand.
The Blogger Recognition rules:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Write a post to show your award
- Give a brief story of how your blog started
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers
- Select 15 other bloggers you want to give this award to
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them and provide the link to the post you created
How Wanders Miles started
I’ve always had the wanderlust in my veins and one of the big reasons for me moving from the UK to Dubai was how much easier it would be to travel more frequently to destinations across South Asia, Africa and the Middle East. I’d wanted to start my blog for a long time so one day I started to design my logo and build my website, from there Wanders Miles was born. It really is that simple!
Two pieces of advice to give to new bloggers:
1. Get out your comfort zone
As travellers we are used to throwing ourselves into situations and new experiences but we don’t always promote what we are doing to the fullest, just happy doing what we do and enjoying life. I’ve never been a big shouter about myself but I’m learning that it’s the only way to get found in this big world of travel blogging. If you had a great achievement, no matter how big or small, post about it on your channels or in Facebook groups of like-minded super supportive bloggers, they will give you a high five!
2. Don’t be scared to ask…
If you’re looking to promote a brand, even if you are fairly new to the game, if it fits with your brand you might find they feel the same and take you up on your proposal. Don’t worry if your followers are fairly low, if you have high engagement, brands are starting to see the value in a genuine blogger representing their brand that clearly haven’t bought their followers, be confident. It worked for me!
Remember, your network of travel bloggers is more than happy to help. For example, being from a digital marketing background I can offer advice on how to optimise your website. Pinterest has never been a big focus for me, been a long time since I’ve used it but I’ve had some great learnings from my tribe and now my stream of traffic from this channel is growing. You might just need some travel tips to help you on your journey, well there is no better group of people to ask so do it!
Wander Miles blogger nominees
I have virtually met many travel bloggers through since I started my journey who have been a great support in one way or another. Now I can show them some love by nominating them for the Bloggers Recognition Award – check out their blogs below, they’re pretty awesome! Unfortunately, I can only nominate 15 so here goes:
- Sarah & Tom with Trip Gourmets are big foodies with an adventure travel focus
- Parth with Desi Wanderer is a finance specialist turned wanderer, now living the dream
- Eliza with Digital Travel Gurus will help you plan their trips and fulfil your wanderlust dreams
- Konstantina with My Unusual Journeys is a proclaimed author and conscious traveller
- Aditi from Lyf&Spice celebrates 2 main flavours of life – food and travel
- Gloria with A Girl Has to Travel is a solo, budget traveller with a passion for nature, trekking
- Cath & Ian with Possess the World love food, wine and travelling our wonderful planet
- Alicia with Photos and Potatoes is on a journey to snap and eat her way around the world
- Hrishi & Anushka with Roam On Ur Own are citizens of India but wanderers of the world
- Steph & Jim with The Upbeat Path are big explorers of the world off the beaten path
- Rox & Maartje with Once Upon a Journey are two blondies on a big journey around the world
- Lloyd & Molly with Nomadic Trippers are living the alternative lifestyle as they travel the globe
- Alex with Better Together Home is passionate about travel, good food and great beer!
- Karl & Leah with Audacious Duo write honestly about their adventurous life on the road
- Ambuj with BnBnation is an aggregator platform of Bed & Breakfast (BnB) accommodations, supporting the #IncredibleIndia theme
Well done to all my Blogger Recognition Award nominees. Now you need to get busy and share the love to another 15 super bloggers, just follow the instructions!
. . . . . . . . . .
>> Follow me on Instagram for more travel inspiration
. . . . . . . . . .
PIN FOR LATER!